PROBA is a space program managed by ESA for the in-orbit demonstration of platform and payload [+]
LISA Pathfinder. Data Management Unit
- Client: European Space Agency (ESA)
- Country: Spain
- Start date:
The Laser Interferometer Space Antenna (LISA) is a joint ESA/NASA mission to detect and observe gravitational waves in space and thus verify Einstein's General Theory of Relativity.
The LISA core technologies are gravitational reference sensors, reactors that deliver micro-Newton thrust and laser interferometry. These technologies will be tested in space on the LISA Pathfinder Mission, which will comprise two instruments: the LISA Test Package (LTP) and the Disturbance Reduction System (DRS). Both of them will test the key "free-fall control" technology by means of test masses.
SENER performed the design, integration and verification of the LTP's Data & Diagnostics Subsystem, which includes:
- The Data Management Unit (DMU) equipment with integrated software, tasked with:
- Controlling the interferometer's stability.
- Acquiring the scientific data for monitoring.
- Diagnostic equipment:
- Diagnostic sensors for monitoring the LTP's payload.
- Sensor and actuation control.
The DMU performs:
- The interface with the satellite's on-board computer.
- The Data Processing Unit (DPU), the on-board computer that controls the LTP's operations.
- Power Distribution Unit (PDU), responsible for the generation and distribution of voltages.
- Data Acquisition Unit, DAU, which acquires the LTP's environmental parameters (temperature, magnetic fields, and radiation).
- On-board computer based on a TSC695F CPU processor with 64 K x 8 bit PROM memories, 256 K x 32 bit EEPROM and 512 K x 40 bit SRAM, plus two MIL-STD-1553 interfaces and three asynchronous SBDL ports.
- Data acquisition system to take measurements on 12 temperature channels with noise better than 10 μºK/√Hz and 16 analogue channels with a noise better than 230 μV/√Hz at 1 mHz.
Other programsSee all
SEOSAT is a multispectral high resolution wide swath world coverage imager, designed for systematic acquisition [+]
Development, design and manufacturing of a micro electromechanical actuator for aeronautical applications tested and flight [+]
SENER participated in the Mars Science Laboratory (MSL) and his contribution was the development of [+]