PROBA is a space program managed by ESA for the in-orbit demonstration of platform and payload [+]
EUCLID. High gain Antenna Deployment and Pointing Mechanism (HGA ADPM)
- Client: TAS-E / TAS-I / ESA
- Start date: 2015
- Ending date: 2020
SENER is developing the high gain antenna deployment and pointing mechanism (HGA ADPM) for the Euclid scientific space probe. It is a precision assembly comprised of three axes, one for antenna deployment and the other two for pointing. The assembly transmits two radio-frequency signals from the satellite to the antennae. The signals are on the K band (between 25.5 and 27 GHz) for the high gain antenna, and on the X band (between 7.1 and 8.5 GHz) for the low gain antenna.
Main mechanism components:
- Actuators: The number of actuators and rotation axes are the same. In this case there are three: for deployment, azimuth, and elevation. Each one of them comprises among others:
- Stepper motor
- Integrated bearing system
- Gear (harmonic)
- Positioning sensors (fine and coarse potentiometers for each Az. & El.))
- Machined parts
- Internal ball bearing
- K band rotary joint: a rigid joint used to transmit the radiofrequency single despite the assembly's rotation. There is one on each actuator.
- X band cable: used to transmit the X band signal.
- Flexible cable: used to send the electric signals and power to the actuator, sensors, thermistors and thermal resistances.
- L-structure: the structural element that joins the actuators.
- Support: the structural element that joins the deployment actuator to the interface with the satellite.
- The K band rotary joint and the actuator are specific SENER developments.
- Mass: 10.5 kg.
- Power: 6.5 W per moving axis (steer).
- Pointing precision: ±0.005º in open loop.
- Speeds: 0.3º/s per axis.
- Radio frecuency (RF):
· Insertion Loss (K band/X band): < 1.2 dB / 1.5 dB
· Return Loss (K band/X band): > 18 dB / > 16.5 dB
· Radio-frequency power handling (K band/X band): min. 100 W/ min. 20 W
Other programsSee all
The GAIA Deployment Sunshield Assembly (DSA), provides a stable and continuous shadow environment to the [+]
SEOSAT is a multispectral high resolution wide swath world coverage imager, designed for systematic acquisition [+]
Development, design and manufacturing of a micro electromechanical actuator for aeronautical applications tested and flight [+]