PROBA is a space program managed by ESA for the in-orbit demonstration of platform and payload [+]
Life extension program of the AB-212 helicopters
- Country: Spain
- Start date:
The program for the modernization of seven Agusta Bell helicopters of the Spanish Navy in service since 1974, will extend their operational life in at least 15 years, incorporating advances in equipment and avionics. New mission systems such as radar, night vision system, and self-protection means, among others, have been also included to allow them to assume new roles and eff ectively operate in national and international scenarios more and more demanding.
The objectives pursued with the program are to:
- Allow the operation without restrictions within both military and civil controlled airspaces, in accordance with all requirements of newest regulations.
- Provide the helicopters with self-protection and self-defense means to allow them to be deployed in multinational missions with low-level threat environment.
- Upgrade the helicopters with state-of-the-art systems to assume their new role of maritime surveillance operating from OPV (Oceanic Patrol Vessel) type ships.
- Update of the helicopter power generation systems including restructure and replacement of wiring.
- Replacement of navigation, avionics systems and engine instrumentation for a glass cockpit, NVG compatible, integrated mission system and the modernization of communications systems.
- Integration of equipment to enhance their mission capabilities including:
- Surveillance radar
- EO/IR Vision system
- Self-protection and self defense systems (ballistic protection, missile warning system MAWS, and a Gatling type defensive weapon)
- GPS navigation system with moving map
- Cargo hoist.
Other programsSee all
SEOSAT is a multispectral high resolution wide swath world coverage imager, designed for systematic acquisition [+]
Development, design and manufacturing of a micro electromechanical actuator for aeronautical applications tested and flight [+]
SENER participates in the AIRBUS wing stringer production cell project with the goal of automating [+]