PROBA is a space program managed by ESA for the in-orbit demonstration of platform and payload [+]
MicroEMA. Micro-Electromechanical actuator for aeronautical applications
- Client: Internal development of SENER
- Country: Spain
- Start date: 2006
- Ending date: 2010
Development, design and manufacturing of a micro electromechanical actuator for aeronautical applications tested and flight qualified.
The lightness and compactness of the resulting actuator, allows integrating them inside the wing / flap boxes, avoiding thus extra fairing. It has a high power density: 120 W. of peak power within 60x90x150 mm dimensions.
EMA Health Monitoring System:
- SENER’s Health Monitoring and Management System for EMAs monitors different operating parameters of the actuator in real time.
- It provides failure detection, diagnostic, and prognostic information to the platform and its maintenance operators.
- Proactive maintenance strategies make use of the data in order to repair or replace the EMA before failure.
- Main features:
- Application: Secondary Flight Control
- Output movement: linear
- Motion transformation: Roller screw
- Actuator mass: 2.1 Kg
- Temperature range: -65ºC / +70ºC
- Output data:
- Stroke: 60 mm
- Accuracy: 0.1 mm
- Resolution: 0.05 mm
- Continuous force: 2400 N
- Stall load / Peak force: 3500 N
- Linear speed under continuous force: 2400 N
- Maximum power: 120 W
- Additional deliverable equipment:
- Power & Control electronics: Yes
- Control software: Yes
- Power supply: Yes
- OTher performance:
- LVDT for position measurement
- Temperature failure signal
- ARINC 429 Data bus
Other programsSee all
SEOSAT is a multispectral high resolution wide swath world coverage imager, designed for systematic acquisition [+]
SENER participated in the Mars Science Laboratory (MSL) and his contribution was the development of [+]
SENER participates in the AIRBUS wing stringer production cell project with the goal of automating [+]