PROBA is a space program managed by ESA for the in-orbit demonstration of platform and payload [+]
DTA 1200. High Detent Torque, space qualified general purpose rotary actuator
- Country: Spain
- Start date: --
The DTA 1200 is the first qualified product in the family of high detent torque rotary actuators. The development activities were funded by means of own R&D&i resources and with the support of ESA/CDTI through ARTES programs.
This family of products is suitable for both the institutional space market and the telecommunications market, with possible applications in platforms such as Spacebus Neo and Neosat, among others.
This product is a direct evolution of the HDRA actuator, which has flown in the SAR deployment mechanism of the Sentinel-1 satellite and the Gaia Deployable Sunshield Assembly.
- 2- or 4-phase electric stepper motor with redundant windings.
- HD gear providing high reduction ratio, excellent torque capacity and torsional stiffness.
- Magnetic brake, with high detent torque and zero electricity consumption.
- Enhanced positioning accuracy and repeatability. Excellent angular resolution and high stiffness.
- Electric Propulsion Pointing Mechanisms (EPPM).
- Antenna pointing with or without tracking system.
Chart of characteristics:
|CHARACTERISTICS||UNITS||DTA 1200 series|
|Motor Step Angle||Deg||1|
|Output Step Angle||Deg||0.00625|
|Shaft Load Capability Axial||N||> 10500|
|Shaft Load Capability Transverse||N||> 8500|
|Shaft Load Capability Moment||Nm||> 275|
|Torsional stiffness||Nm/rad||> 11600 @ zero load|
|Detent Torque||Nm||28.5 +/- 1.5|
|Output Torque @ nom speed||Nm||2 ph||64 Wave|
|4 ph||11 Wave|
|Total Assembly Weight (including harness)||Kg||2.4|
Power (full step)
|2 ph||< 20 Wave|
|< 40 Full|
|4 ph||11 Wave|
|Thermal range: Operating||ºC||-40 to + 100|
- Use of waveguides or wiring routing through the central opening.
- Use of different types of sensor (potentiometers, CAPS, etc.).
- Available in biaxial gimbal configuration.
- Electrical I/F by means of discrete wires or connectors.
- Possibility of adding heaters to the outside or the inside of the device.
Other programsSee all
SEOSAT is a multispectral high resolution wide swath world coverage imager, designed for systematic acquisition [+]
Development, design and manufacturing of a micro electromechanical actuator for aeronautical applications tested and flight [+]
SENER participated in the Mars Science Laboratory (MSL) and his contribution was the development of [+]