PROBA is a space program managed by ESA for the in-orbit demonstration of platform and payload [+]
Rotary Actuators for space applications. DTA 1300 series.
- Country: Spain
- Start date: --
The DTA 1301 product has the same modular architecture and shares certain key components with the other qualified DTA products, achieving full product qualification incrementally over the results already obtained. The development activities were funded by means of the company's own R&D&i resources and with the support of ESA/CDTI through ARTES programs.
The DTA product family is 100% free of export restrictions.
This product is a direct evolution of the HDRA actuator, which has flown in the SAR deployment mechanism of the Sentinel-1 satellite and the Gaia Deployable Sunshield Assembly.
- 2- or 4-phase electric stepper motor with redundant windings.
- Reduction stage combining HD and planetary gear, delivering a 500:1 reduction ratio, excellent torque capacity and torsional stiffness.
- Enhanced positioning accuracy and repeatability. Excellent angular resolution and high stiffness.
- Deployable radiator actuation.
- Actuation of large antennae and structures.
Chart of characteristics:
|CHARACTERISTICS||UNITS||DTA 1300 series|
|Motor Step Angle||Deg||1|
|Reduction Ratio||> 500|
|Output Step Angle||Deg||< 0.002|
|Shaft Load Capability Axial||N||> 10000|
|Shaft Load Capability Transverse||N||> 8000|
|Shaft Load Capability Moment||Nm||> 250|
|Torsional stiffness||Nm/rad||11000 @ zero load|
|Detent Torque||Nm||> 45|
|Output Torque @ nom speed||Nm||> 100|
|Total Assembly Weight (including harness)||Kg||2.5|
Power (full step)
|2 ph||< 20 Wave|
|< 40 Full|
|4 ph||< 10|
|Thermal range: Operating||ºC||-40 to +100|
- Use of waveguides or wiring routing through the central opening.
- Use of different types of sensor (potentiometers, CAPS, etc.).
- Available in biaxial gimbal configuration.
- Electrical I/F by means of discrete wires or connectors.
- Possibility of adding heaters to the outside or the inside of the device.
Other programsSee all
SEOSAT is a multispectral high resolution wide swath world coverage imager, designed for systematic acquisition [+]
Development, design and manufacturing of a micro electromechanical actuator for aeronautical applications tested and flight [+]
SENER participates in the AIRBUS wing stringer production cell project with the goal of automating [+]