PROBA is a space program managed by ESA for the in-orbit demonstration of platform and payload [+]
Standard Interface for Robotic Manipulation (SIROM)
- Client: H2020 – EC – REA / PERASPERA
- Start date: 2016
- Ending date: 2019
Standard Interface for Robotic Manipulation (SIROM) of payloads in future space missions.
SENER is the coordinator of the project consortium and responsible for the development, design, manufacturing, assembly and integration of the SIROM Mechanical IF, including the allocation of the rest of interfaces: data, electrical/power and thermal. SENER was in charge of the demonstration of SIROM in the orbital scenario, including the design and integration of the orbital APMs (Active Payload Modules) with the corresponding payload components. SENER tested the final SIROM solution by means of robotic devices, performing several test maneuvers, in AIRBUS DS (Bremen) and DLR.
The project consortium is formed by SENER, AIRBUS DS, Thales Alenia Space, Leonardo, University of Strathclyde, DFKI, Teletel, Space Applications Services and Mag Soar.
SIROM is a modular reconfigurable system interface, that includes:
- Mechanical interfaces connecting the blocks one to other.
- Electrical interface for power transmission.
- Thermal interfaces for heat regulation.
- Interfaces to transmit data throughout the satellite.
SIROM is a multi-functional “Intelligent” interface to interconnect building blocks and also to connect to the satellite with a servicer. SIROM considers the standard interface based on standardization and modularization of the different components in an integrated form (where mechanical, thermal, electrical, data connections are combined) or a separated form.
- Main benefits:
- Improve operational capacity.
- Reduced logistics with common and modular spares.
- Common maintenance standards.
- IF architecture flexibility: common infrastructure needed to support the modular design.
- Mission flexibility (configuration changes)
- Standardizes mechanical, data, electrical, thermal interfaces.
- Keep existing standards where applicable
- Introduce in the design aspects related to interchangeability and interoperability.
- SIROM test campaign:
- Equipment/subassembly tests performed by equipment responsible (WP4 MAI SIROM).
- SIROM Mechanical Verification at ADS Bremen (WP4 MAI SIROM).
- SIROM Data and Power Verification at SA (WP4 MAI SIROM).
- Orbital test within OG6 test field at DLR (WP5 Validation).
- Planetary test within OG 6 test field at DFKI (WP5 Validation).
- Thermal tests of thermal IF.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 730035.
Other programsSee all
The exobiology space mission ExoMars (Exobiology on Mars), the objective of which is to search [+]
The GAIA Deployment Sunshield Assembly (DSA), provides a stable and continuous shadow environment to the [+]
SEOSAT is a multispectral high resolution wide swath world coverage imager, designed for systematic acquisition [+]