The SENER Foundation has sent out the call for entrants to the sixth edition of the SENER Foundation Best Doctoral Thesis Award. The SENER Foundation has sent out the call for entrants to the sixth edition of the SENER Foundation Best Doctoral Thesis Award.... [+]
Space and astronomy
SENER is an international leader in the space industry, with more than 275 pieces of equipment and systems successfully supplied to satellites and space vehicles for NASA, ESA, JAXA and Roscosmos. Institutes and companies such as CNES, Airbus Space & Defense, Thales Space, OHB, RUAG, SELEX and CSIC also number among its clients.
In Space and Astronomy, SENER provides engineering and production services in five spheres of activity, where it has the capacity to cover complete systems as a principal contractor:
- Electromechanical components and systems (deployment, precision and control electronics).
- Guidance, navigation and control, and attitude and orbit control systems (GNC/AOCS).
- Microgravity and life support systems.
SENER's work in Astronomy encompasses:
- Optical systems: including structural elements and mechanisms for optical and focal plane systems.
- Electromechanical components and systems.
- Instrumentation systems: for space missions and scientific facilities, including Synchrotron radiation facilities. In addition, SENER offers engineering support for experimental beamline users who need to develop custom instruments for their stations. The company's expertise has been demonstrated through projects with benchmark European facilities, such as the European Synchrotron Research Facility (ESRF) and other Particle Physics research groups.
- Telescope mirror positioning systems: precision positioning and pointing systems for optical components, such as mirrors, lenses, filters, etc. The company specializes in developing custom high-performance activation and positioning systems for all types of mirrors, including units of large dimensions and weight (positioned in five degrees of freedom, with hexapods with micron-level precision and tip-tilt mechanisms for field correction and infra-red observation).
SENER has been active in ground-based astronomy and major scientific facilities since 2000, and boasts an extensive portfolio of projects that guarantee the quality of its solutions for clients such as the Southern European Observatory (SEO).
In the area of positioning systems, SENER's services include:
- Opto-mechanical and electronic design.
- Control software.
- Analysis and simulation.
- Sub-contracting of the mirrors.
- Assembly and integration.
- Equipment validation and testing with optical instrumentation in seismically isolated facilities.
Related content with Space and astronomy
The engineering and technology group SENER is ranked 32nd in the annual ranking of the top 225 international companies in engineering design published by the specialized journal ENR (Engineering News-Record).... [+]
SENER extends its commitment to innovation and technology through its participation in BIND 4.0, the public-private startup accelerator programme in the industrial sector, in the field of Industry 4.0.... [+]